The bustling crowd seemed to steer clear of the group of schoolboys sitting in a corner by the large steps that led towards the tables. Most of these boys were sitting on the floor, talking about the latest blazers and cars, but one boy in particular could not rest. The wind picked up slightly, sending a shiver down his spine and seeping through his tightly gelled auburn hair. His face remained emotionless and tense as he looked from side to side, then down to his watch, them back up towards the stairs. People were beginning to murmur inaudibly, but something was definitely happening. Running his fingers nervously through his hair, the terrified leader managed to hide his fear as he turned to look at his friends with an earnest look of sadness in his glowing hazel eyes. The preppy boys all seemed to snap back into reality, as their companion’s stare seemed to drill a hole into their soul. They all got up in unison, and most of them looked fondly at the young lead, trying to comfort him without saying anything. Surrounded by his friends, he felt safe, and then he heard it.
“Kurt Hummel is back at McKinley!!” The delicate voice made its way towards the lead’s ears, and hearing it soothed his troubled soul immediately. He tensed up slightly, and then listened, but no other words were understandable. Glancing over at the boy to his right, he saw him start to walk forward. In that instant, he felt his brain go numb. He could not go on. He could not get any closer to the voice of the angel he had not yet seen. He could not take one more step because he feared for his delicate heart, his fleeting love. Yet he was not able to resist. The voice was calling to him, and he yearned to answer, needing to see those dazzling opalescent eyes once more. He caught up to the others and took the lead, grateful to be surrounded by his closest friends. He could not have done this alone. They were on the edge of the steps, and he was not facing them, but he knew they felt his gratitude, as they all prepared for their big event. Stepping slowly onto the first step, the vocalist looked longingly at a certain boy, and at that moment he felt at peace. Nothing else mattered now. He started to talk, but his words were not important. He couldn’t even tell what he was saying, he just knew that he meant it. The other boy, Kurt, suddenly felt a great pain in his chest. And once the dashing schoolboy had started singing, it only got worse.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand.
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand.
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.
With each phrase he took a step down, gazing at Kurt’s dazzling porcelain face, his delicate jaw bones, his astounding russet hair shimmering in the sunlight.
Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
Closing in on the group of friends that surrounded the precious soul, he couldn’t bear to look at Kurt’s face, and instead focused on his dashing companions harmonizing perfectly in the background.
I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?
Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?
Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
The piano came into view, and he rushed towards it, not only playing along, but using it to steady his shaking body without looking suspicious.
And if you have a minute, why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go somewhere only we know?
Somewhere only we know
Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
And if you have a minute, why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go? So why don't we go?
Oh, this could be the end of everything
So why don't we go somewhere only we know?
Somewhere only we know
Somewhere only we know
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go somewhere only we know?
Somewhere only we know
Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
And if you have a minute, why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go? So why don't we go?
Oh, this could be the end of everything
So why don't we go somewhere only we know?
Somewhere only we know
Somewhere only we know
During the last chorus, the Warlers one by one filed out of the courtyard after giving Kurt the goodbye they believe he deserved. They all stood in a line now, above the shuttering lead, as he tried to keep his focus on the last few notes, holding the last word in the most melodic of whispers, ending in a low sigh. The last note rang for a while and it hung in the air for what seemed like an eternity. But it eventually faded as well, leaving just the boy, alone in a crowded space, hands trembling slightly at his side, fighting back tears yet about to accept defeat. He closed his eyes for a brief moment, trying in vain to keep his emotions inside. Then he felt a strong pair of arms wrap themselves forcefully yet delicately around him, and he let it all out. Wrapping his arms around the delicate chest, he clung onto the boys back for dear life, afraid that letting go would mean losing him.
“Blaine, that was beautiful…” The last word trailed off as Blaine could feel Kurt shivering slightly as he gave in to the tears. The warm water was caressing his cheek, but it didn’t matter at all as long as his angel was in his grasp. “I’m never saying goodbye to you.” The harmonious voice continued, before Kurt choked up and also started crying. In that moment, they seemed infinite, and Blaine realized why this boy was true perfection. Fighting back the urge to kiss him, Blaine just nuzzled his head into Kurt’s warm neck, believing that he was ready to die in Kurt’s embrace. Nothing would matter anymore as long as his strong arms were there to protect him. Yet the feeling ended much too soon as Kurt reluctantly pulled away. He took a few steps back, admiring the glistening trails of tears that were blazing on Blaine’s cheeks. Watching Kurt look at him so longingly was too much for him, and with a small but powerful nod of the head, Blaine turned around and joined his fellow vocalists, not looking back, and succumbing under the pressure of his sadness. He never even made it out of McKinley high school, as he had leant against a wall around the corner and pounded his fist in despair. But it was too late, Kurt was happy and that was all that mattered.
So why don’t we go somewhere only we know?
I really, really enjoy writing stories of all kinds! So if anyone has any suggestions I would be glad to write something for them! Doesn't have to be about Glee, it can be anything! Anyways until next time guys!
xoxoxo,
loulou
I like it. Nuff said.
ReplyDelete