Yep, its official. I am now a charitable person. Amazing right? Yeah… If you wanna thank me, feel free! I’m kidding of course, but I really did do something charitable. I am in my school’s Student Council program, and it is utterly amazing! I feel like I am giving back so much to the community and now I feel like I am “tooting my own horn”… Anyways, I am actually thrilled to have been on the service trip. I went to a womens’ shelter that takes care of women who were kicked out of their homes/countries. They are from 16-25 years old, and most of them have their children with them. So we had gathered some supplies for them and we had packed them into boxes which were slightly forced into the back of the van… And we also had to fit a Christmas tree and 5 students in another van. (I’ll let you imagine the stress…) Yep, we were pretty cool to fit all of that in. So we went to the womens’ shelter and from then on it was pure bliss! The children and babies were all so adorable, and they were so happy and helpful! They helped us decorate the tree and it was one of the most beautiful trees I had ever seen! A little side note: Our school organizes a Run-a-thon each year and we basically have to get sponsored per lap we run, and then run the most laps in 20 min. We send some of that money to the womens’shelter, and some to an orphanage in Africa. Well when we went to the shelter, we saw that they were renovating the kitchen and adding a new room for the children with the money we sent them! I find that raising money is good, but you don’t truly see how good charity feels until you go see what your money is being used for! After we saw the rooms it was time to go, sadly. There was even one little girl that would not let me go… I was so sad to leave. I could have stayed for at least another hour. I really hope that next time SC goes back I can go along to! I feel like this is really cheesy, but I can’t help it, I am what I am. I don’t think I can get into a psychological side of this, even though I kinda wanted to go into that. I hope that this gets you guys into the giving spirit. Hope you guys have a wonderful break!!!! AND MARRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Make sure to have a very happy new year!!!
xoxoxo
loulou
xoxoxo
loulou
Ps: Sorry this has come out on such late notice, I was having problems with my computer, but don’t worry, I am not dead! And sorry about the always changing background, I just try them out until I find the perfect one! If you have any suggestions, please leave me a comment!!! Love you guys!
ah, charities. i'm usually yanked into doing charity stuff with my church because i have a loud voice to yell and make announcements. like at harvest fest, i got the busiest game. but thanks to dave's constistint filling in for me, getting me more prizes durring the seventeen times i ran out, and helping me clean up after my arizona iced tea spilled (eh heh heh), i did well. (it also helped that zach was visiting his cousins in rhode island, oh thank god)
ReplyDelete:D i agree.. it was so much fun! i would love to do it again! it was amazing!!! we should be proactive about the whole visit in the spring with the egg hunt and kids activities so it gets done... <3
ReplyDeleteSee you soon love!!!
Emiko
Oh wow, that sounds lovely and yes it is much better to actually be able to see what your money is doing- then you have more of a connection with the cause and are likely to keep on giving!
ReplyDelete